Uninsured Underinsured Motorists

Can You File A Claim If The Driver Is Uninsured?

An auto accident involving an uninsured or underinsured motorist is often more complex than one involving fully insured drivers. If you have been injured in an accident involving a driver with little or no insurance, you can seek compensation through your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.

MetroLaw.Com offers a free consultation where you can discuss your options for recovering compensation for your accident injuries. Call 800-469-6476 or contact us online for more information.


Most auto insurance plans have an option for uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. You can seek compensation through your own insurance coverage. This also applies to family members who have lost a loved one in an accident and want to file a wrongful death claim.

As easy as it sounds, insurance companies rarely pay out policy limits for any auto accident — especially uninsured/underinsured motorist accidents. For this reason, it is important to work with an attorney experienced in dealing with insurance companies and their tactics to minimize accident claims.

If you have been involved in a hit-and-run accident, you may be able to seek compensation through your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.


New York and New Jersey have varying laws in regard to these types of accidents. To find out more about the legal process specific to your state, contact a personal injury lawyer in New Jersey or New York by calling 800-469-6476 or emailing us. We offer a free legal consultation.